Best Essential Oils During Pregnancy
What is the best essential oil during pregnancy? My daughter has sore back, sciatica and aching knees and would like to use it for massage during pregnancy.
Hi thanks for your question. Essential oils are one of the most nurturing, natural products you can include in pregnancy support
There are some people seem to be concerned about the use of essential oils in pregnancy and many different references about their use. Please check this page for a list generally considered best to avoid during pregnancy
. There may be others
so check the label of the essential oil bottle thoroughly before use and if you have any concerns, consult with your professional health care practitioner first.
You may also like to read this article
, written by my colleague, Amy Marais about pregnancy and using essential oils. Amy share some great tips for getting through the pregnancy naturally and comfortably!Here is my essential list for pregnancy:
I only use and recommend Young Living Essential Oils
- For aches and pains I would suggest Valor* essential oil blend.
- Use Gentle Baby* essential oil blend on the belly and hips to keep skin smooth and reduce the chance of stretch marks. It is also a very nurturing oil to help bond mother and baby.
- Myrrh was traditionally used in bibilcal times for proegnancy and childbirth.
- Sandalwood is also very soothing to the skin.
- Frankincense is a very spiritual oil, is soothing to the skin and contains sesquiterpenes which oxygenate the brain.
- Lemon to support energy and also is antimicrobal.
- Panaway* for lower back and pain.
. *These products are only available from Young Living Essential Oils. Please visit my store
for more information.
Best wishes to you and your daughter for a wonderful pregnancy and birth!
Essential Oil Goddess